Outfits On the Go for Spring
March 18, 2015
As a mom, I am always looking for outfit ideas that are quick to throw on, allow me to chase after the Little One, yet look put together. Since we currently live in a small space, there’s not a whole lot of wardrobe space for me to indulge in having too many pieces of clothing, so I like to make sure that whatever I have is easily mix and matchable and will go the extra mile. Right now I’m loving these as my go-to basics:
1. Classic straight or skinny jeans in a medium wash
2. Chambray/denim shirt to wear on its own or over a classic T or cami
3. Long cardigan or twill jacket for those breezy days
4. Comfy flats
5. A shift dress in some sort of wrinkle resistant and breathable fabric like a cotton or rayon jersey. Its an easy one-item outfit to slip on during warmer days.
6. Cross-body bags have been my best friend for corralling all the knick-knacks that moms always have to carry. They keep my hands free and stay in place even while bending over to pick things up or while carrying the kids.
7. Light weight scarf is a simple accessory to change up. They can cover up spit up on shirts, and act as an on-hand cover for breast feeding mommies.
This is an easy outfit with only three items. Dress it up or dress it down with accessories. Image courtesy of Sincerely Jules
A simple dress and pretty sandals. Change things up with a hat. Image courtesy of Babble
A classic striped Breton top and twill jacket makes for good wardrobe staples. Image courtesy of Zimbio
A light weight scarf. Image courtesy of Pinterest
What are some of your wardrobe staples that you cannot live without?