Answering your Canwood Questions

Update: *** Please DO NOT leave your parts replacement or product inquires in the comments below.  Contact customer service at parts@storkcraft.com or 1-877-274-0277 for service. ***

One of my previous Canwood posts from October had almost 40 responses so this will be a newer place to voice your questions or comments about this furniture line. The interest in Canwood is huge, as can be seen from sales and number of inquiries about Canwood products. I’m not surprised, as we just did a photoshoot here and I had the opportunity to see some Canwood in person: it is beautiful, high quality pine furniture priced very reasonably. The sturdiness of these beds is evident when you see and feel them; I’m 210 lbs and these beds could even accommodate a person my size (although not for a loft bed or the top of a bunk bed, these have a 165 lb maximum).

So here’s your chance to ask me whatever you want to about Canwood. I will answer you promptly and as best I can.

1. by Anonymous on May 12, 2010 at 6:49 pm

I really want to buy this bed but the shipping from BC is so much. Will they be available in Saskatchewan?

2. by Adam Segal on May 13, 2010 at 7:26 am

Currently the options for purchasing Canwood in Canada are:TJS – Surrey, Kelowna, Marine Drive (Vancouver), West 4th ( Vancouver) and VictoriaNorthern Hardware – Price GeorgeMcKenzie’s Countrywide Furniture – Prince RupertTotem Furniture – TerraceKacz Kids – CalgaryYou can also buy online at http://www.tjskids.com and soon you will be able to purchase Canada-wide with one of our major online retailers. Stay tuned for more information about our national online program, as we should have more information about this within the next 2-4 weeks.

3. by Will on May 28, 2010 at 8:24 am

I have a Canwood Mate's Bed that is missing a piece of hardware to attached two parts of the frame together. Can you tell me where I can buy a replacement piece of hardware? It's a 1 and 3/16" diameter black plastic circle with a metal piece inside and a hole on one side. This piece embeds in the headboard and locks onto the screw0like thing that pokes out of the sideboard. I'll give TJ's a call.

4. by Adam Segal on May 28, 2010 at 8:26 am

To order any Canwood parts please contact Canwood Customer Service directly:Email: parts@storkcraft.comPhone (toll free): 1-877-274-0277 (Monday to Friday, 7 AM to 3 PM Pacific Standard Time)

5. by Anonymous on June 8, 2010 at 12:07 pm

I have a BIG problem… I purchased an alpine twin over double bunk bed about 5 years ago. I just moved and the hardware got lost in the move.. So I called the 1-877-274-0277 parts number, and they said they cant help me because they went out of business and their hardware is totally different… HELP!! Is there anything I can do??Suzan

6. by Anonymous on June 13, 2010 at 12:09 pm

We just bought the junior loft bed with the roll out desk attachment, but there are no instructions for the roll out desk. Can't find them online. Help. Our 6 year old is begging for us to get all of this assembled.

7. by Adam Segal on June 14, 2010 at 8:01 am

Please email me: asegal@storkcraft.com for instructions.

8. by Cheryl Anne on August 8, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Is Canwood really out of business now? You mentioned beds being available on the walmart.ca site as of end of July. I know it's only August 7, but they have no records of anything Canwood, when I do a search. Also, there was a comment made on parts….I have an Alpine II twin that I want to convert to a bunk, and want to purchase another twin (in Natural) but with the guard rail and vertical (not angled) ladder. If Canwood is out of business, are any parts available? Will retailers like TJ's Kids continue to provide Canwood furniture?Thanks for the reply!

9. by Adam Segal on August 9, 2010 at 7:59 am

Hi Cheryl Anne,No, Canwood is not out of business. It is actually doing extremely well! So well that we have sold-out of many of the products, but we hope to have them back in-stock soon.There has been a slight delay on the launch of Canwood on walmart.ca I anticipate that it will be up sometime later this week or early next week, but I cannot promise anything. We are really hoping to have this up soon. If I hear anything about a specific launch date I will be sure to let you know.Yes, TJ's will continue to carry Canwood furniture.

10. by Anonymous on August 16, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Hi Adam;My family and I have collected over ten years of Canwood products from dining room, living room, to bedroom furniture for our kids. The product is top notch! Today, I went to the store where I did most of my Canwood purchasing … "CANWOOD IS NO LONGER" is what I was told. So, I did a little research (as I didn't believe such a quality company would just disappear) and discovered StorkCraft has purchased the Canwood name and design. I am in search of a one-drawer night stand. I see the website above mentions I can purchase the product at Northern in Prince George. I phoned, they say they don't carry the product as it is inferior to the Old Canwood product line (made overseas now!). Is this true?Michael

11. by Adam Segal on August 30, 2010 at 7:24 am

Hi Michael,Canwood is not only in business but is doing fantastic. You can purchase it online at http://www.tjskids.com or now on Walmart.ca (https://wmca.storkcraft.com/code/Default.aspx)

12. by Roy Singer on March 17, 2011 at 6:54 pm

I am trying to find out some information about the Canwood Night Stand Espresso finish (part 569-9). Specifically, what is in the finish? I am getting this as a gift for someone with allergies so I need to find out. I already called the customer service/parts number and they said that they had no idea

• by Adam Segal on March 18, 2011 at 7:23 am

Hi Roy,

The night stand is made of 100% pine wood.

-Adam

13. by Roy on March 18, 2011 at 1:42 pm

The stand is wood- yes, but what is in the finish (chemical composition)?

14. by Lee on August 18, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Where to Purchase Canwood products in Ontario. Seems as though you can not purchase this furniture in Ontario anymore. The two items I would really like new or used are the Canwood Natural night table and the amroire but I refuse to pay the shipping and handling. We purchased this line originally from a Home Furniture. When you switched to new zealand pine from BC Pine the products disappeared from Ontario.

• by Adam Segal on August 20, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Lee, in Ontario Canwood is only available to purchase online.

15. by Justina on October 10, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I have a Canwood Mate’s Bed that is missing a piece of hardware to attached the headboard to the side rail. Can you tell me where I can buy a replacement piece of hardware? It’s a 1 and 3/16″ diameter black plastic circle with a 3″ metal screwlike thing that locks into it. The other end of the 3″ piece locks into a small metal cylinder in the side rail. So I called the parts number, and they said they can’t help me because Canwood sold out and the hardware is now different. Is there any place I can source this piece of hardware?

• by Adam Segal on October 24, 2012 at 2:23 pm

To order any Canwood parts please contact Customer Service directly:

Email: parts@storkcraft.com

16. by Robyn on April 18, 2013 at 9:42 am

I have just had the worst experience ever. I bought a bed that is missing pieces, its in brand new condtion, and I got a great deal, thought I could call up and pay for the pieces I am missing. Checked out the website, found a comparable bed, with very similar building instructions, and was told, no it was sold in 2009 and that we can’t help you. You can sed in your plans and we will look, but if its older than 2009 then you are WASTING YOUR TIME….! I do not want to deal with a company that has absolutely no interest in me, even if I am willing to PAY to get the parts I need…

17. by Chris on September 22, 2014 at 9:44 am

Hi. I need the hardware to put together the loft part of the Canwood Alpine loft bed. The loft kit was still in its box, but no hardware was included. I contacted the parts department, to be told the business had been bought up and they would no longer have the pieces I require. Is there any other way of obtaining the hardware so I can get this loft bed up for my son? Thanks in advance. Chris

• by Dawn on September 25, 2014 at 8:08 am

Hi Chris,

Storkcraft purchased the Canwood brand and has since manufactured new products. Should our customer service department have already determined that your current bed is one from the previous manufacturer (which is no longer in business), we unfortunately will not be able to provide parts for you. The parts and design of the products are not the same as the ones from the old manufacturer. Currently, the only way that customers with pieces from the previous manufacturer can get parts is to perhaps contact their original retailer to see if they have any parts in storage.

Thank you.