Update: Stork Craft responding to customers and sending out conversion kits

Stork Craft has been making some positive strides in light of the high demand for drop-side crib conversion kits. The initial surge of of inquiries and requests have been taken care of, and everybody should be able to access our online repair kit form at www.storkcraft.com

We have already processed and shipped out thousands of drop-side repair kits and have received confirmation that some customers have already received their parts. Again, the fastest way to request your repair kit is through our website as our phone lines are still being tied up with calls.

We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. Parts are being shipped out in priority sequence. Please understand that we are processing tens of thousands of orders and are shipping them out as quickly as we can.

Here are some positive responses we have received from our valued Stork Craft customers:

-Hello,

My name is Jennifer and I have a 9 month old son who sleeps in a Fisher Price, Storkcraft drop side crib. He loves his crib and sleeps really well in it. We are first time parents so may have a tendancy to be cautious, one might say overly cautious with our son.

When I saw the crib recall I panicked and thought we would have to buy a new crib. Money is tight as I am on maternity leave and we just bought a new house, a crib was definitely not in the budget. Much to my deligh I found the blog that Adam S. from Strokcraft was responding to and was happy to see so many positive reviews of your cribs even with the recall. I was able to blog my concerns and questions and Adam responded as quick as he could. We received our repair kit less then 2 weeks after we emailed our information to Storkcraft.

I have been very pleased with Storkcraft through what could have been a very stressful time. Thanks so much for taking responsibility and thanks for responding so quickly!!

Keep up the good work

-I had a recalled crib, which I sold when my daughter out grew it (at the same price that I paid for it)
It was my dream crib, solid as a rock right up until the day it left. Beautiful and I would buy it again, and again and again.
Im sorry that there is so much negative gossip about these cribs. Mine was put together correctly and I NEVER had any concerns, even after the brackets were recalled, I checked mine, they were fine, I ordered the new brackets, and that was that. I am so sorry to see these wonderful cribs coming off the market. I searched for a long time to find a retailer in Edmonton who carried it, and it is a shame other families are losing out on this amazing product.
I stand behind my storkcraft crib

-I also received my kit today. Thanks so much for the quick response from Storkcraft!!

1. by That one girl on December 21, 2009 at 1:24 pm

Hi Storkcraft. Thanks much for keeping everyone updated. I just sent an email regarding my repair kit but my big question is, where the heck do I find a Conversion Kit for the Aspen Stages Black Crib? I can't find one anywhere and want to convert pretty quickly since our second is on the way. Any direction would be super duper appreciated!

2. by Adam S. on December 23, 2009 at 9:08 am

Hello,You can find a conversion kit at any of the major retailers that sell cribs/beds. To convert your Aspen Stages Crib into a full size bed, purchase a full size metal bed frame with a double ended attachment.

3. by Anonymous on April 22, 2010 at 7:21 am

I will be converting my Aspen Stages Cognac crib into a full sized bed and wanted to know if the metal bed frame should have bolt attachements?Thank you,Patrice

4. by Adam Segal on April 22, 2010 at 7:58 am

The crib should come with bolt attachments. If it doesn't, please contact Stork Craft Customer Service:To order any Stork Craft parts please contact Stork Craft Customer Service directly:Email: parts@storkcraft.comPhone (toll free): 1-877-274-0277 (Monday to Friday, 7 AM to 3 PM Pacific Standard Time)

5. by Skaggs Family on August 16, 2010 at 9:21 am

Hi there,I ordered my drop side rail parts online right after the recall happened and have been waiting MONTHS for my replacement parts. I also went through this with the bracket recall, but didn't have to wait this long. Is there any way to find out where I am on the list as to when I will be getting my replacement parts?

6. by Adam Segal on August 16, 2010 at 9:23 am

Hi Skaggs Family,Please email me at asegal@storkcraft.com with the following information:Crib Model #, date and country of manufacture as well as your name and full mailing address. It shouldn't be taking months, so I will make sure that your drop side retro kit will be mailed out to you immediately.

7. by Ms. Stockinger on February 20, 2011 at 7:20 pm

We installed the safety clips on the drop-side crib shortly after the recall. However, we now want to convert the bed to the toddler version and cannot figure out how to remove them in order to remove the railing. Can you help?

• by Adam Segal on February 21, 2011 at 9:03 am

Hi,

Please contact Stork Craft Customer Service and they will be able to help you with your inquiry.

Email: parts@storkcraft.com

8. by Lynne Wells on November 8, 2012 at 9:20 am

I need the conversion kit we bought a crib from Wallmart in 2008 and never used it has been in the box until now we now have a beautiful baby. Please mail me the conversion kit and instructions to Lynne Wells, 7 Stewart Road, Fitchburg, Ma. 01420 cell 978-602-2628 or 978-342-4031 please confirm to my email. Thanks Lynne Wells

• by Adam Segal on November 8, 2012 at 9:22 am

If your Stork Craft product has a broken or missing part, you should first contact Stork Craft customer service directly either by email or telephone.

Email: parts@storkcraft.com

9. by Damaris Silva on February 22, 2013 at 7:44 am

Our family bought us the 3 piece Aspen set with the 3-in-1 conversion crib, changing table, and 3-drawer chest for my first born daughter. When my daughter turned one I became pregnant with my second child and therefore never converted the crib to a full size bed. Now that the girls have grown, I am in need of converting it to the full size bed, but we can’t find the manual for converting it to the full size bed. Where can I purchase another manual and what extra parts do I need for the conversion?

10. by Adam Segal on February 22, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Hi Darnaris, please email parts@storkcraft.com for the manual to convert it to a full size bed. You can purchase the full size bed rails here: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Adjustable-Bed-Frame-for-Headboards-and-Footboards/1931711

11. by Damaris Silva on February 22, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Another question, was the footboard suppose to come with our set? Or is it the rail along with the two attached side feet?

12. by Anna on February 17, 2014 at 8:04 am

Hi, I just found out, that we have the recalled crib. But my son totally loves it. Where can I order the required kit yogic those dropsides? Thanks

13. by Kim McClarty on April 17, 2014 at 7:03 am

I have been searching for a universal conversion kit to turn my son’s crib into a full size bed. I have the Storkcraft Verona 4-in-1 crib. It came with items in order to convert it to a daybed but nothing to convert to a full size bed. I can’t seem to find anything online. Any direction would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

Kim McClarty

14. by Dawn on April 29, 2014 at 10:38 am

Hi Anna,
    For a kit you can contact parts@storkcraft.com or call toll free at 1-877-274-0277 (Open M -F from 7am -3pm Pacific Standard Time). Just make sure to have all your crib’s info such as model # and country and date of manufacture. Our customer service can walk you through evaluating your crib.

Hi Kim,
    To convert Stork Craft cribs into full-size beds you can go to your local mattress or bed store to purchase a double-ended mattress frame. The front and back panels of the crib will become the head and foot board of the full bed and attache to this double-ended mattress frame.

15. by Francesca on July 26, 2014 at 8:01 am

I have the storkcraft tuscany convertible crib and want to convertit to full size bed. Is there a conversion kit with bed rails on how to do it