Stork Craft Q&A regarding recall on drop-side cribs

Update June 17, 2014-

*** Please DO NOT leave your parts replacement or product inquires in the comments below.  Contact customer service as listed in the information below for service. ***

Got questions about your furniture, or need some extra help with replacing parts or assembly?  Don’t hesitate to email us at parts@storkcraft.com or call 1-877-274-0277 (Customer service is open M – F, 7:00AM – 3:00PM Pacific Standard Time).  We are here to hear and help you out.  To make sure that our customer service representatives can service you as efficiently and effectively as possible, please make sure to include all your Storkcraft product’s information as follows:

-Product name and model #

-Country of manufacture

-Date of manufacture

-Part ID of the damaged part as according to the instruction manual (if you are requiring replacement parts).

Thank you!

***

View the video here

1. by Adam Segal on August 3, 2010 at 10:36 am

2. by Liz on August 9, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Hello,I saw that a question was already asked about the Ragazzi 2501-89 crib. I have that crib as well, but I saw that you said that if it has missing parts to not use it. I recently purchased new hardware from products of america for the crib, do you know if this company's hardware are safe and suitable to use?Thank you, Liz

3. by Adam Segal on August 9, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Hi Liz,The item is not one of ours. It’s an old Ragazzi product manufactured by the previous company.

4. by Anonymous on August 10, 2010 at 5:08 pm

Any ideas as to where I can find out anymore info about an old Ragazzi crib?

5. by Adam Segal on August 11, 2010 at 7:21 am

Your best solution is to contact the store where you purchased your older Ragazzi crib.

6. by Anonymous on August 19, 2010 at 11:09 am

Thanks for all the information Adam. I'll add my crib to the question list:Ragazzi – #141-89Date: 02/98Quebec, CanadaThanks!!

7. by Adam Segal on August 19, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Hello,No, this recall is for Stork Craft drop-side cribs with plastic hardware made between January 1993 and October 2009. . Stork Craft drop-side cribs with the Fisher-Price logo with plastic hardware made between October 1997 and December 2004.Ragazzi is not included in this recall.

8. by Anonymous on September 5, 2010 at 8:42 pm

i have a storkcraft heather stages 04588-478 april 2007 and Storkcraft tuscany stages 04588-489 march 2009are these recalled if so who do i contact

9. by Adam Segal on September 7, 2010 at 9:49 am

Hello,Your Heather Stages Crib will be included in the 'Drop Side Rail' recall. Please go here: http://www.storkcraft.com/StorkCraftRecall.aspxYour Tuscany crib is a fixed side crib and is not a part of the recall.Thanks.

10. by reedme on September 11, 2010 at 9:28 pm

I was given a Ragazzi 1101-29 made in 1997 and has plastic hardware. I know you have said that Ragazzi wasn't included in the recall but I just want to double check that the plastic hardware is safe. Thanks.

11. by Adam Segal on September 13, 2010 at 10:08 am

reedme, We do not recommend using a second-hand crib, especially not one that is older than 2000. Please dispose of your crib and purchase a new one to create a safe sleeping environment for your child. A crib that old, especially one given to you and not assembled yourself is not safe for your child to sleep in.

12. by Ashley on September 22, 2010 at 11:27 am

Can you tell me if my storkcraft model 04588-32C+ is part of the recall? It was made in August 2005 in Indonesia.

13. by Adam Segal on September 22, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Hi Ashley,Yes, your crib is a part of the dropside rail recall. Please fill out the recall form here to receive your drop-side replacement kit.http://www.storkcraft.com/StorkCraftRecall.aspxThanks.

14. by mamanaturale on September 28, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Hi there, I was given an Amber Convertible OHS White crib 04571-651 Made Aug 1, 2001 in Canada. Was it recalled?

15. by Adam Segal on September 29, 2010 at 7:31 am

Hi mamanaturale,Yes, this crib is part of the recall. Please fill out the recall form here to receive your drop-side replacement kit.http://www.storkcraft.com/StorkCraftRecall.aspxThanks.

16. by mamanaturale on September 29, 2010 at 10:56 am

How exactly does that work though? Do you send pieces made of metal to prevent the claws from breaking? Does this mean the cribs are actually safe to use? I'm not sure I would feel comfortable putting my baby in a patched-up crib.Thanks for responding so quickly.

17. by Adam Segal on September 29, 2010 at 11:09 am

The free drop-side conversion kit will convert your drop-side crib to a fixed-side crib. The conversion kit was designed with and approved by the CPSC and Health Canada. To ensure your crib is safe for your child, please confirm that there are no missing or broken parts. We do not recommend using a second hand crib, but if you do so then make sure when it is reassembled that the instructions are adhered to. If you notice any missing or broken pieces, please do not place your child in the crib, disgard it and purchase a new crib.

18. by mamanaturale on September 29, 2010 at 11:17 am

Thanks, Adam. Once we converted the crib, could we still use it as a day bed later on?I'm trying to decide what to do. It's been passed down, and I'm not sure if there are missing pieces or not. I didn't realize there was so much to know about cribs!