Stork Craft Recall Information

*** Please DO NOT leave your parts replacement or product inquires in the comments below.  Contact customer service at parts@storkcraft.com or 1-877-274-0277 for service. ***

Dear Stork Craft customers,

This recall involves Stork Craft drop-side cribs and Stork Craft drop-side cribs with the Fisher-Price logo. This recall does not involve any cribs that do not have a drop-side. This recall does not involve any cribs with metal rod drop-side hardware. It involves only those cribs with plastic trigger and one-hand-system drop-side hardware.

This recall includes Stork Craft cribs with manufacturing and distribution dates between January 1993 and October 2009. This recall also includes Stork Craft cribs with the Fisher-Price logo that have manufacturing dates between October 1997 and December 2004

We’re currently working through the initial surge of inquiries and requests at the moment. It is very busy here and we are doing our best to meet the demand. Requests for conversion repair clips require the following information:

-model number of your crib
-the date of manufacture
-the country of manufacture
-complete shipping information

All of these can be found on the bottom right corner of the mattress baseboard (under the mattress).

We are experiencing heavy traffic on our website. If you find that you are having difficulties getting through to Stork Craft’s website, please send this information to: parts@storkcraft.com or call Stork Craft toll free at 1-877-274-0277.

This recall is in place because the crib’s drop-side plastic hardware can break, deform, or parts can become missing causing the drop-side to detach. A crib with any of the four corners detached can lead to a safety issue.

The cribs involved in the serious incidents that the CPSC and Health Canada have documented had plastic drop-side hardware that had broken, missing, or deformed claws, connectors, tracks, of flexible tabs stops; loose or missing metal spring clips; stripped screws; and/or drop-sides installed upside-down. The conversion clips will essentially render the drop-side immovable.

Once we have the required information, I can get your order processed for you. I thank you for your patience and we will be doing our very best to get you your repair kit.

Warmest regards,

Adam Segal
Manager, E-Marketing and Social Media

1. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 7:05 pm

what is the time frame we can expect to receive the repair kits?

2. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 7:23 pm

can you tell us how long it will take to get the replacement part? With the last recall it took 6 weeks and that is not acceptable.

3. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 7:27 pm

hi-everywhere it is saying that when crib sides are installed inproperly is when there is a hazard, how do you know if it is installed properly? Is it when you see the logo on the top rail of the crib?

4. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 10:08 pm

I have nothing but positive things to say about Storkcraft. As far as I am concerned, their products are exceptional.I am a mother of twin boys, and own 2 drop-side Storkcraft cribs. My boys (13 months old) are quite active and rambunctuous in their cribs. We have had no issues whatsoever. I have requested the kit, and will be putting it on both cribs as a precautionary measure. I am not at all concerned, and will continue to support Storkcraft.

5. by Anonymous on November 25, 2009 at 7:00 am

We have had a Storkcraft crib since 2004 and it has gone thru my 2 kids and still in use with my 2nd and no problems or complaints!!!

6. by Anonymous on November 25, 2009 at 8:10 am

I have a Stork Craft crib I got back in Feb. 2005 and my daughter slep in it and my son is in it right now and hope to have it around for number 3 when that day comes. I will be getting the repair kit. I still like the cribs that Stork Craft make even if there have been problems with them and if I ever have to buy another one, STORK CRAFT it will be. Keep strong Stork Craft I love your brand of cribs.

7. by Anonymous on November 25, 2009 at 1:44 pm

I appreciate that you are concerned enough to issue a recall, even though it is completely volunteer. My 18-month old son is still in his Storkcraft crib and jumps in it every morning and naptime (sometimes for over half an hour) and there have been no problems with it. I will get the kit as a safety precaution, but I still support your company and love my crib.

8. by Anonymous on November 25, 2009 at 2:29 pm

I've ordered the safety kit too. I'm not sure why the news is making this process so complicated. Email your info. Done.I've inspected my crib and it looks fine but will still repair in case of possible drop side failure. Thanks for all your hard work Storckcraft.

9. by Anonymous on November 25, 2009 at 4:25 pm

I sent my info to the email address provided but got no response (yet). I'd like to know that the email was received and when to expect my kit?

10. by Adam S. on November 25, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Your emails are coming through to parts@storkcraft.com Once your order has been entered into the system you will receive a confirmation e-mail. If you have provided insufficient information you will also receive an email outlining what you will need to provide us with.Once again, thank you so much for your patience in this. Here at Stork Craft we really appreciate it.

11. by Anonymous on November 27, 2009 at 2:30 pm

I sent my email to parts@storkcraft.com 2.5 days ago and no reply yet is this typical or should I resend?Many thanks.

12. by Adam S. on November 27, 2009 at 3:17 pm

This is quite typical. Do not resend. You should receive a response soon. We are going through emails in priority sequence.Thank you so much for your patience.

13. by Anonymous on November 30, 2009 at 6:47 am

We did receive a response to our email, thanks so much. It did indicate that our email had been received and documented but it did not say when parts would be mailed out. Any idea when/how long to get parts mailed out?Thanks for the blog. The info is really helpful and it is handy to check on this for updated info!!

14. by Adam S. on December 1, 2009 at 10:24 am

Parts are being shipped out as we speak, in priority sequence. We thank you for your patience as we are currently processing and shipping out tens of thousands of repair kits. We are doing our best to get you your replacement kits as soon as possible.

15. by Anonymous on December 2, 2009 at 7:38 am

Thanks for the response, Adam!!

16. by Anonymous on December 2, 2009 at 8:16 am

How are you determining priority?

17. by Anonymous on December 3, 2009 at 12:24 pm

We submitted the required information through the Web form, but there was no indication that it was successful (no confirmation email or even note on site saying 'Order placed'." Wondering if we'll get the parts or if I have to call the phone number instead.

18. by Adam S. on December 3, 2009 at 1:01 pm

Hello, please email me at asegal@storkcraft.com with your crib and shipping information and I can let you know if the order was processed.