Stork Craft Recall Information

Dear Stork Craft customers,

We’re currently working through the initial surge of inquiries and requests at the moment. It is very busy here and we are doing our best to meet the demand. Requests for conversion repair clips require the following information:

-model number of your crib
-the date of manufacture
-the country of manufacture
-complete shipping information

All of these can be found on the bottom right corner of the mattress baseboard (under the mattress).

We are experiencing heavy traffic on our website. If you find that you are having difficulties getting through to Stork Craft’s website, please send this information to: parts@storkcraft.com or call Stork Craft toll free at 1-877-274-0277.

This recall is in place because the crib’s drop-side plastic hardware can break, deform, or parts can become missing causing the drop-side to detach. A crib with any of the four corners detached can lead to a safety issue.

The cribs involved in the serious incidents that the CPSC and Health Canada have documented had plastic drop-side hardware that had broken, missing, or deformed claws, connectors, tracks, of flexible tabs stops; loose or missing metal spring clips; stripped screws; and/or drop-sides installed upside-down. The conversion clips will essentially render the drop-side immovable.

Once we have the required information, I can get your order processed for you. I thank you for your patience and we will be doing our very best to get you your repair kit.

Warmest regards,

Adam Segal
Manager, E-Marketing and Social Media

1. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 9:41 am

wow

2. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 10:11 am

We love our storkcraft crib and have had not problems with it!4 moves, 3 kids and still in great working shape.We are glad to be getting the repair kit to continue its use.parts@storkcraft.com worked perfectly fine for us.Thanks for the hard work to correct the wrong.

3. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 10:17 am

Adam Please explain to people that they can just type that address into their email account.

4. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 10:35 am

Can someone please specify which cribs are involved in the recall! I have an ariel and I am not sure if it is involved.

5. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 11:15 am

I have always purchased Storkcraft cribs, my first one I bought was in 1982.Never have I experienced any problems with any of my cribs.I heard about the same recall issue a few years ago, but it was another crib company, not Storkcraft. Should we not be concerned about all drop-side cribs from all companies?Too bad you have had to endure the bad rap on behalf of all crib companies.Good luck Storcraft!!

6. by Adam S. on November 24, 2009 at 11:29 am

Thank you to everyone posting here. We appreciate your patience in the matter and are doing our best to take your replacement kit orders as fast as we can. Please continue to check this blog for more updates on the recall.

7. by SkylarKD on November 24, 2009 at 11:40 am

Thanks for posting the contact info!

8. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 11:51 am

Thank you for setting up this blog spot and providing an email address for the conversion repair kit…just placed my order

9. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 1:02 pm

We have a "Simplicity Milan Crib "N Changer Combo" bought at K-Mart about 16-18 months ago. We cannot find a list of recalled cribs. None of the web sites work. HELP!!! I am sure we need a repair kit, as we have had problems with the drop side part of it for awhile now.

10. by Adam S. on November 24, 2009 at 1:13 pm

This recall involves Stork Craft drop-side cribs and Stork Craft drop-side cribs with the Fisher-Price logo. This recall does not involve any cribs that do not have a drop-side. This recall does not involve any cribs with metal rod drop-side hardware. It involves only those cribs with plastic trigger and one-hand-system drop-side hardware. This recall includes Stork Craft cribs with manufacturing and distribution dates between January 1993 and October 2009. This recall also includes Stork Craft cribs with the Fisher-Price logo that have manufacturing dates between October 1997 and December 2004. The Stork Craft cribs with the Fisher-Price logo were first sold in the U.S. in July 1998 and in Canada in September 1998. The cribs were sold in various styles and finishes. The manufacture date, model number, crib name, country of origin, and the firm’s name, address, and contact information are located on the assembly instruction sheet attached to the mattress support board. The firm’s insignia “storkcraft baby” or “storkling” is inscribed on the drop-side teething rail of some cribs. In Stork Craft cribs that contain the “Fisher-Price” logo, this logo can be found on the crib’s teething rail, in the manufacturer’s instructions, on the assembly instruction sheet attached to the mattress support board, and on the end panels of the Twinkle-Twinkle and Crystal crib models.Major retailers in the United States and Canada sold the recalled cribs including BJ’s Wholesale Club, J.C. Penney, Kmart, Meijer, Sears, USA Baby, and Wal-Mart stores and online at Amazon.com, Babiesrus.com, Costco.com, Target.com, and Walmart.com from January 1993 through October 2009 for between $100 and $400. The cribs were manufactured in Canada, China and Indonesia.For additional information, contact Stork Craft toll-free at (877) 274-0277 anytime to order the free repair kit, or log on to http://www.storkcraft.com

11. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 1:41 pm

I think that "parts@storkcraft.com" is the email address to send your request to. I sent an email and it went through. I hope this helps. MS

12. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 2:42 pm

Thenk you for setting up this Blog. I will be sending my information this evening when i can get home to check the crib. Do you have a ETA on parts from ordering to delivery? Thanks!

13. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Just wanted to stop by and say I LOVE my crib, and will not be taking advantage of the "Repair" kit, as I don't feel this is an issue. You guys make exceptional products, and it is a shame that your good name has been sullied by this. I feel that if the instructions (which are very clear and concise) are followed carefully, there is minimal risk. Keep up the good work, and i hope that you will rethink the decision to stop production on drop-side cribs, as they are a real help to those of us with back problems or in wheelchairs.

14. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Thank you for setting up this blog. This is my first time owning a Stork Craft crib, and have had no issues with it thus far, however will be ordering the repair kit. Good Luck Stork Craft!

15. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 3:51 pm

To the person who said they would NOT be taking advantage of the repair kit. Do you want your child to sleep in a crib that could result in your Childs death? I see this as irresponsible. There is nothing wrong with my crib either but you can be sure I will keep it that way by ordering the repair kit.

16. by Brandy on November 24, 2009 at 4:08 pm

I just sent in my request for both brackets and drop rail hardware. Glad to find a place that people can finally get answers and alleviate fears. Having a recall and then not being ale to contact the company is truly annoying. I will be making note of this blog on my blog for others. Thanks!

17. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 5:36 pm

What people do not seem to understand is that every company has had a re=call. The incidents didn't even happen on Stork Craft cribs! Just because they happened on drop-side cribs doesn't mean that they happened on Stork Craft cribs! The media is reporting false information. STORK CRAFT IS THE BEST. MOST TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY. I love Stork Craft and will continue to use it and recommend it to everyone!

18. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 6:00 pm

Does anyone know the timelines for sending out the repair kits? Do we need to find them alternative sleeping arrangements in the meantime?