Stork Craft Recall Information

Dear Stork Craft customers,

This recall involves Stork Craft drop-side cribs and Stork Craft drop-side cribs with the Fisher-Price logo. This recall does not involve any cribs that do not have a drop-side. This recall does not involve any cribs with metal rod drop-side hardware. It involves only those cribs with plastic trigger and one-hand-system drop-side hardware.

This recall includes Stork Craft cribs with manufacturing and distribution dates between January 1993 and October 2009. This recall also includes Stork Craft cribs with the Fisher-Price logo that have manufacturing dates between October 1997 and December 2004

We’re currently working through the initial surge of inquiries and requests at the moment. It is very busy here and we are doing our best to meet the demand. Requests for conversion repair clips require the following information:

-model number of your crib
-the date of manufacture
-the country of manufacture
-complete shipping information

All of these can be found on the bottom right corner of the mattress baseboard (under the mattress).

We are experiencing heavy traffic on our website. If you find that you are having difficulties getting through to Stork Craft’s website, please send this information to: parts@storkcraft.com or call Stork Craft toll free at 1-877-274-0277.

This recall is in place because the crib’s drop-side plastic hardware can break, deform, or parts can become missing causing the drop-side to detach. A crib with any of the four corners detached can lead to a safety issue.

The cribs involved in the serious incidents that the CPSC and Health Canada have documented had plastic drop-side hardware that had broken, missing, or deformed claws, connectors, tracks, of flexible tabs stops; loose or missing metal spring clips; stripped screws; and/or drop-sides installed upside-down. The conversion clips will essentially render the drop-side immovable.

Once we have the required information, I can get your order processed for you. I thank you for your patience and we will be doing our very best to get you your repair kit.

Warmest regards,

Adam Segal
Manager, E-Marketing and Social Media

1. by Anonymous on December 7, 2009 at 6:17 am

How long will it take to receive my kits. My crib was on both recall lists. I live in PEI, Canada.

2. by Anonymous on December 8, 2009 at 6:48 am

I just received the kit today.

3. by Anonymous on December 8, 2009 at 12:45 pm

I also received my kit today. Thanks so much for the quick response from Storkcraft!!

4. by Anonymous on December 11, 2009 at 7:46 pm

Were Ragazzi cribs included in the reacall?

5. by Anonymous on December 12, 2009 at 6:28 pm

Was Ragazzi included in the recall?

6. by Adam S. on December 14, 2009 at 8:20 am

No, this recall is only for:-Stork Craft drop-side cribs with plastic hardware made between January 1993 and October 2009. -Stork Craft drop-side cribs with the Fisher-Price logo with plastic hardware made between October 1997 and December 2004.

7. by Anonymous on January 13, 2010 at 6:07 am

I would like to recv the replacement kit as well, i do not know where to go to request one. can you please email me at kdarnall11373@att.net and let me know what i have to do. thank you! jeri d.

8. by Anonymous on September 16, 2010 at 7:43 am

cool

9. by Anonymous on September 16, 2010 at 11:58 am

I have a Ragazzi drop side crib that was purchased in 1997. Has it been recalled?

10. by Adam Segal on September 16, 2010 at 12:25 pm

11. by A McIntosh on April 4, 2011 at 8:39 am

we have Stork Craft crib amde in 90-05-04, can you tell me if it is safe to use this crib, does it need replacement parts. We are presently using crib for 9 mo. old. Is it safe?

12. by Caitlin on March 13, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I have a crib that has been recalled due to the drop down side. How do I go about fixing this issue?

13. by Dawn on March 19, 2013 at 9:02 am

Hi Caitlin,

If your crib is a Stork Craft crib, you may contact Stork Craft customer service directly either by email or telephone.

-Email (Email size at 4MB and under): parts@storkcraft.com
    -Phone (toll free): 1-877-274-0277 (Monday to Friday, 7 AM to 3 PM Pacific Standard Time)

In order for Stork Craft customer service department to efficiently help you with your request, make sure to have the following information available.

-Model #
    -Date of manufacture
    -Country of manufacture
    -Description of damage (if applicable)
    -ID of parts required, according to the instructions manual
    -Proof of purchase or purchase order #

Thank you.

Stork Craft

14. by Deneen on August 12, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Good day,

I acquired a second hand crib and noticed that it has the plastic guide rails. Can you tell me if it was part of the recall and pieces were never ordered.

Model: 04562-15L #3015
    J/L Convertible – Oak
    Date: October 20, 2004
    Made in Canada

Much appreciate your attention.

Deneen Quenneville
    336 Bertrand
    Gatineau (Secteur Buckingham), Quebec
    J8L 3N7

15. by stephanie on October 15, 2013 at 7:44 am

My storkcraft crib hardware has broke on the right side. Everytime I try to call the #is busy. I wasnt aware of the recall. I need replacement parts before my child is injured.

• by Dawn on November 28, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Try e-mailing parts@storkcraft.com with your request. Thanks.

16. by Melissa hayden on December 21, 2013 at 11:22 am

I have storkcraft crib with the plastic drop side hard wear. I’ve noticed one of the screws is stripped and not secure. I would like to receive the updated hard wear. The model number is 04588-324+. Date is April 06. The colour is cherry. Thank you. My address is 21111 43A ave Langley, BC V3A 8L8 canada.

17. by Ruth on March 11, 2014 at 7:11 pm

I wish to give my Storkcraft crib to a needy student but want to check its safety. It is model no. 05570351 Manuf. date 07/05/94. Made in Canada. No Fisher-Price sticker. Paid about $300 for it at the Bay. Any info. re safety is appreciated. Thanks.