Canwood Furniture – Frequently Asked Questions

Canwood Furniture, currently available on walmart.com, has been a huge success since Stork Craft purchased and relaunched this furniture line. I thought that with the increasing interest for Canwood products that I could answer some of your frequently asked questions:

1) When will Canwood be available in Canada?
Canwood will be available in BC by the end of November and it can be found at McKenzie’s Countrywide, Totem Furniture, Northern Furniture and TJ’s the Kiddies store. As for the rest of the country, it should be available by January 2010. Stay tuned to this blog for more details on which retailers will carry Canwood in Canada when the information becomes available.

2) What type of wood is Canwood made with?
Canwood Furniture is made of pine.

3) What is the weight limit for a Canwood Loft Bed or Bunk Bed?
The maximum weight for a Canwood Loft Bed or Bunk Bed is 165 lbs.

4) How high is the Whistler Junior Loft Bed from the floor to the bottom of the bed?
28-7/8″ from the floor to the underside of the bed rail.

5) Do I need a boxspring for my Canwood bed?
A box spring is not required, though one can be used in the Twin Bed configuration. A box spring cannot be used in the upper bed of a bunk or a loft bed configuration as it would raise the mattress up above the guard rails.

1. by SkylarKD on November 24, 2009 at 4:17 am

Hi, my question is unrelated to this Canwood post, but can you post some information about the Stork Craft crib recall? The Stork Craft website is not working.Thank you!

2. by Anonymous on November 24, 2009 at 6:12 am

Yeah, What she asked..

3. by Alex Burkhalter on November 24, 2009 at 7:12 am

Hello.. I have the same question. What is happening related to the dropside cribs being recalled?

4. by Anonymous on December 13, 2009 at 11:27 am

We have a Canwood Base Camp twin bed that we purchased three years ago. We would like to use it as the upper bed in a twin-over-full bunk bed. If we buy the NEW full bed + guard rail + ladder, will it be compatible with the old bed? Also, are the colours/finishes the same as before?

5. by yaps on February 7, 2010 at 10:12 am

Hi – are you still offering the Whistler Twin Low bed (used to be #2136 in the old Canwood catalogue) that matches the Junior Loft. If not a regular offer – is it possible to special order it? Thanks.

6. by Anonymous on September 19, 2010 at 4:54 am

Is Canwood furniture made in Canada? Is it made using Canadian pine?

7. by Adam Segal on September 20, 2010 at 7:31 am

Canwood furniture is manufactured in Asia using New Zealand pine.

8. by Tania on October 15, 2010 at 8:17 am

I bought a canwood bunkbed (single over double)and now a year later i am trying to put up the bunk and ladder and i cannot find the hardware to do so (metal dowels and screws) any way to get replacement hardware?

9. by Adam Segal on October 15, 2010 at 8:19 am

For Canwood replacement hardware, please contact Canwood Customer Service directly:Email: parts@storkcraft.comPhone (toll free): 1-877-274-0277 (Monday to Friday, 7 AM to 3 PM Pacific Standard Time)

10. by Anonymous on November 16, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Hi there,I purchased a canwood base camp twin bed and am using it with just a mattress. My problem is I have not been able to find bed/guard rails to fit this bed and cannot move my daughter into it until she has a guard rail. Can I buy the canwood guard rail that is used on the bunk beds on it's own (I obviously do not need the ladder)??

11. by Adam Segal on November 16, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Hi there,Sorry,the guardrails are only packaged in sets with the ladders.

12. by robert on March 9, 2011 at 6:58 pm

hi i like to find out that if the paint used in the canwood twin bed is non toxic, the wood is all solid and no mdf or engineering wood or partical wood with low emmision is used. thanks.

13. by Seanna on January 12, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Hi. I have the Storkcraft furniture for my sons room and want to buy him a side table and bookshelf to match. I am wondering if the cherry stain on the Canwood furniture is the same?

14. by carrie on January 9, 2014 at 11:00 am

We purchased the twin canwood in August 2011 with intent to convert to bunk with next child. After 2 calls to Wal-Mart, where we originally purchased, and 2 calls to Stork Craft I’m now on this page frustrated. neither place could give me an answer as to where I can purchase ladder and guard rail kit. per Stork Craft I would need to call around and find one myself. they could not help me. I was told by Stork Craft that I either need to locate the kit or purchase a new bunk set. they have no control over the stores separating boxes to sell individually. any suggestions on where I could look for a kit??? any assistance is appreciated.