Louisville, Here We Come!
The tradeshow of all tradeshows for baby products is the ABC Kids Expo, and StorkCraft is excited to attend it as a exhibitor. Find us at booth #4455.
This show takes place Oct. 14 to Oct. 17 and features every new and upcoming baby item, from furiniture to toys, bedding to feeding supplies, and also the cutest decor ideas. StorkCraft will be showing brand new product for it’s StorkCraft, Status Furniture, and Ragazzi Fine Furniture lines. Once we get some images, we will definitely be posting them up!
In the meantime, here are some fun facts on Louisville, KY:
1. J. F. Hillerich opened his woodworking shop in Louisville in 1855 and is the maker of the famous “Louisville Sugger” baseball bat.
2. Cassius Marcellus Clay, Jr., was born on January 17, 1942, in Louisville, Kentucky. Who’s Cassius Marcellus Clay, Jr.? It’s Muhammed Ali, the icon boxer!
3. Put on your finest hat and get ready to place your bets! Louisville is home of the Kentucky Derby.
4. MMMmmm! Colonal Sanders began selling fried chicken from his roadside restaurant in Corbin, a town outside of Louisville, during the Great Depression. It’s headquarters are now in Louisville, KY.
A Bit of Inspiration
Nursery inspiriation image for the day from the blog, On to Baby.
The crib in the image below isn’t a StorkCraft crib (Please see the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s recommendation for evaluating crib safety), but I can see this layering effect used on pretty much any piece in StorkCraft’s crib lineup. Who says nursery bedding has to be all matchy-matchy? By mixing up patterns and sets, what a great way to easily create texture, whimsy and add colour!
I love how the baby furniture of today is no longer limited to use only during those “baby years”. In a world of having too many things, and not enough time, having versatile items that can last you through the years is a money saving, ecofriendly and time reducing bonus. Here’s where the StorkCraft Beatrice 6 Cube Organizer is awesome in every way- After your baby has outgrown the need for a change table, just take that changing pad off the top and give it a new life. Here are some ideas that we love!
-A wine rack:
Wine bottles can be placed horizontal in the cubbies, while liquor bottles and accessories can safely sit on the top.
1) Circo® Cheese Board with Tools
2) Riedel Vivant Red Wine Glasses Set of 4
3) Oster Wine Opener with Chiller
4) Rectangular Baskets with Liners Set of 4 – Honey
5) Wine Enthusiast Ultimate Bottle Tags
-Not a drinker and more a crafter? Get all your scrapbook materials and knick knacks organized in one place. We love how a few fabric bins can get everything neat a tidy and add a splash of colour.
1) Alex Happily Ever Crafty Kit
2) Paper Shapers 12-pc. Decorative Scissors Set – Second
3) K&Company Mega Scrapbook Kit 8.5″x8.5″
4) Itso Polka Dot Tapered Fabric Bin (Small)
5) Skip Hop Zoo Pack Little Kid Backpack – Owl
What are some other ways that you have been able to repurpose your nursery items?
Who’s That Cutie?
StorkCraft has been getting all its employees to bring in their baby pics and posting them up for a “Guess Who?” contest. In order to make the game a bit more challenging, the photographs were reprinted in black and white.
I already had a few coworkers guess that my picture “must be a boy”. Great.
Summer Love for Pink and Blue!
I am definitely loving the infusion of colour that StorkCraft has been including in its products lately! We recently welcomed the Caribou and Longhorn bunks in the most adorable princess pink and ocean-sailing navy. Each style comes in both colours, as well as the classic white, cherry and espresso. While it’s easy to immediately draw towards gender specific themes when it comes to accessorizing these bunk beds, what do you think of the themes shown below for paring with either of the bed colours?
Room 365 Neighborhood Comforter Set
Graphique Keep Calm Wall Decal
Circo® Love n Nature Bedding Set – Yellow/Blue
Circo® Love n Nature Owl Pillow – Blue (13″)
VANDRING RÄV Duvet cover and pillowcase(s), green/brown
VANDRING SPÅR Rug, low pile, brown, green